"The League's program consists of those governmental issues that the League has chosen for concerted study and action at the national, state or local level. The program process is specified in the bylaws and includes the following steps:
- Formal adoption (by members at an annual meeting or by state/national
convention delegates) of an issue for study.
- Member study and agreement on broad concepts.
- Formulation of a position by the appropriate board of directors.
- Action as directed by the board of directors.
- Annual or biennial re-adoption of the position."
Excerpted from League Basics
The national League's positions on issues can be found in Impact on Issues.
Information on current and on-going issues can be found here.